VCE MM Unit 2 Exam 2019
- Apply knowledge of functions to create a picture of their choice.
- Learn how to draw hybrid functions.
- Apply and reinforce knowledge of transformation of functions.
- Show their creativeness.
This activity is designed to give students an opportunity to apply their knowledge of functions and graphing to create their own original art. The students learn new calculator and computer techniques as they perfect their pictures and print their results. Requiring the students to identify what part of the picture each equation produces enforces the relationship between functions and their graphs. This fun project gives the students an opportunity to be creative.
Students will need to know:
- How to use the graphing feature of their calculator
- Basic knowledge of functions and what their graphs look like
- Limitations of their calculators
Exponential and logaritmic functions